7.01.2013

¶ - I received my weather station today and I just finished assembling it and powering it up for a first run. Note the clever use of the Caldwell front rifle rest for use as it goes through its first paces:



   The base unit appears to be receiving data, through four walls and into my home office. Final install will likely be at the roof apex right above where I have the unit now; I'm somewhat confident at this point that it will still transmit and receive well . . .

. . . Note the open rain collector, I'll most assuredly be putting some kind of screen over it to minimize its collection of debris. Not including this as part of the kit is one small gripe with the unit, it seems it would be an obvious and inexpensive inclusion . . .

. . . The mast appears that it will be an attractive target for birds to roost on, and thus do their disgusting business. I should be able to get some type of spike stripping to counter that . . .

Astronomics . . .